Rio Bravo Cancer Center provides…
some of the most cutting-edge therapy and treatment planning alternatives for patients who have been diagnosed with various types of cancers. Our advanced radiation therapies are used to treat kidney cancer, breast cancer, bone cancer, brain cancer, CNS cancer, head and neck cancer, prostate cancer, and skin cancer, just to name a few. However, this is not the radiation of years passed. Advancements in science, physics, medicine, and cancer treatment options have resulted in radiation therapy that enables the radiation oncologists at Rio Bravo Cancer Center to pinpoint the precise areas to be treated, while leaving healthy tissue unharmed.
At our state-of-the-art cancer treatment center in Bakersfield, we are honored to provide:
- Conformal Radiotherapy (3-D CRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy/Image-Guided Radiation Therapy
- Cone Beam CT (CBCT) Tumor Targeting
- Elekta Versa HD for Radiosurgery (SRS) to Brain Lesions
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)/Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Electron Therapy for Skin/Superficial Radiation
- 4-D CT for Tumor Targeting
- VMAT for Rapid and Accurate Treatment Delivery
- Gold Fiducials for Tumor Localization
- Augmenix SpaceOAR Implantation to decrease side effects from radiation therapy for prostate cancer
- MRI, PET/CT Fusion for Accurate Tumor Targeting
These technologies are not widely available at other outpatient treatment facilities. Rio Bravo Cancer Center is proud to provide patients with the most advanced cancer treatment in a comfortable, personal setting. Our cancer center is staffed by radiation oncologists, physicists, therapists, and office personnel who bring decades of expertise in cancer care methodologies to each patient. Our team of cancer specialists will work closely with your other physicians, and in conjunction with your overall cancer treatment program to determine the most viable radiation treatment plan for you. Our compassionate staff helps guide each patient through their journey from cancer diagnosis to remission.