Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring when I come to Rio Bravo Cancer Center for treatment?
If you are interested in coming to Rio Bravo Cancer Center for treatment, you first need to call (661)491-5060 to make an appointment. The receptionist will let you know what you need to do. Here is a list of things to bring with you when you come in for the first time.
- Any medical records
- Recent doctor notes
- Any recent labs
- Recent pathology
- Scans (MRI, CT, PET, Bone Scan, Ultrasound)
- Insurance cards
- Forms (upon calling the Cancer Center, the needed forms will be sent to you along with a map to the Center)
What can I expect during a consultation with my doctor?
During your consultation with the doctor, s/he will:
- Collect your history
- Review results of tests and pathology reports you brought with you
- Perform a physical exam
- Review with you your cancer
- Review and discuss your treatment options
All of your test and laboratory results are important in order for your doctor to make the best decision in outlining your treatment options for you. If you were not able to obtain all your information prior to the consultation, it is important to make sure that the results of your tests are forwarded to the doctor.