Advanced Radiation Therapies
- Conformal Radiotherapy (3-D CRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy/Image-Guided Radiation Therapy
- Cone Beam CT (CBCT) Tumor Targeting
- Elekta Versa HD for Radiosurgery (SRS) to Brain Lesions
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)/Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Electron Therapy for Skin/Superficial Radiation
- 4-D CT for Tumor Targeting
- VMAT for Rapid and Accurate Treatment Delivery
- Gold Fiducials for Tumor Localization
- Augmenix SpaceOAR Implantation to decrease side effects from radiation therapy for prostate cancer
- MRI, PET/CT Fusion for Accurate Tumor Targeting
About Elekta Versa HD for
Radiosurgery (SRS) to Brain Lesions
Elekta is proud to be the leading innovator of radiation equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders.
The Elekta Versa HD is Kern County’s newest advanced radiation therapy system (linear accelerator). This cutting edge radiation therapy system can be found at large academic centers such as UCSF and Cedars Sinai. We are the only free standing facility in California to have this technology. It has advanced radiation capabilities like no other machine in the region. It can treat classic 3-D conformal radiotherapy to advanced stereotactic radiation therapy.
Equipped with sophisticated conformal beam-shaping technology and High Dose rate mode delivery, the Versa HD is designed to provide the precision and speed necessary to deliver advanced stereotactic radiotherapy (SRT) and stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), techniques that demand the maximum accuracy in tumor targeting and protection of critical structures. The Versa HD utilizes the Agility 160 leaf multi-leaf collimating system, which allows for precision shaping of the beam to the treatment area
At the same time, Versa HD gives radiation oncologists the flexibility to employ conventional therapies to treat the broad spectrum of tumors throughout the body. Proven in its application, Versa HD unlocks the true potential of high dose rate delivery due to its market-leading leaf speeds and ultra-low leaf transmission. For patients with tumors that have considerable movement (lung/liver tumors), the Versa boasts the only online 4D cone beam system worldwide. This feature allows our physicians to track the movement of tumors with the breath cycle so that we can more accurately target the tumors and decrease the potential side effects.
- Reduced treatment times with rapid leaf speeds and high dose delivery
- Submillimeter accuracy in treating tumors
- Provide the potential to deliver SBRT/SRS in a standard time slot
- Lower non-therapeutic doses to protect organs-at-risk and potentially reduce the risk of secondary cancer
- Exploit the full potential of high doses for advanced therapies by eliminating previous multi-leaf collimator speed limitations
- Provide custom configurations for unique clinical needs
- Utilize the latest imaging technology to allow soft tissue visualization during treatment
- Expansion of established programs to reach more challenging targets, including lung, brain and spine, prostate and liver SBRT providing more relief to more patients.
To learn more please visit Elekta Versa HD